The HTC Glacier or T-Mobile Mytouch 4G in the Unites States, is part of T-Mobile’s Mytouch line of phones which include the Magic (Mytouch 3G), Mytouch 3G 1.2 (With more memory and a 3.5mm headset plug), Mytouch 3G Slide (keyboard), Glacier (Mytouch 4G), and Mytouch 4G Slide (keyboard).
The Mytouch 4G ships preloaded with Android 2.2 Froyo and HTC Sense Espresso UI.
CyanogenMod was added in CM 6.1 Froyo
The Mytouch 4G is the first Mytouch phone to feature a dual-core processor.
CWM 5 updates have started to rollout for select devices. This includes the Mytouch 4G.
Install CWM via ROM Manager
1. Download The ROM Manager app from the Market.
2. Open the app. Allow superuser access. Accept the warnings.
3. You should see the main menu. Select the first option “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery”.
4. You should see a list of devices. Scroll and select “HTC Mytouch 4G”.
5. The recovery should download and flash successfully. Under the Flash Recovery option it should show something similar to Current Recovery: ClockworkMod (and then some version numbers)
6. If the process was successful you are done with installing a custom recovery. If it returned a error try again. If after multiple attempts it is still unsuccessful proceed to the manual steps listed below.
Manually install CWM
1.Download the Recovery Image file at the link.
2. Download Terminal Emulator app from the Market.
3. Copy the recovery image to the root (main area) of your SD card.
4. Open Terminal Emulator and enter the commands exactly…
#su (enter) (Allow superuser at the prompt) #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-glacier.img (enter) reboot recovery (enter)
5. Enter the command #reboot recovery to reboot into the new custom recovery.